Our Community Spirit
The Grange Hotel is a long-established and respected member of the local community. We are one of the town`s major employers with 45 full-time and 10 part-time employees. We also contribute in excess of £100,000 to the local economy every year. We do this by:-
- sourcing and purchasing from local companies for foodstuffs, supplies and services
- contracting locally for our building projects
- supporting local charities & projects (such as Prom Art) and sponsoring opportunities for young people in the area
We firmly believe that a happy team is a passionate and motivated team, so our policy is to be supportive and respectful of our staff. We encourage them to improve their own skills and gain further qualifications, not only to benefit our business, but to benefit themselves. For this reason, our Employee turnover is exceptionally low for this industry, the majority of our team having been with us for 5 – 35 years. Our business users find this is of great benefit, as they know- each time they visit – they will receive the same great standards of service from familiar, friendly faces who have amassed years of experience and are extremely conscientious.
In addition to our amazing Team, our key strength is that we never stand still, we are constantly improving our services, facilities and standards at all times. We invest an average of £100,000 per annum in upgrading, refurbishing and extending the Hotel, so you can rest assured the property is in tip-top condition and will serve to reflect your own high company standards.
We are also proud of our integrity and high ethical standards. We believe firmly in the old adage, `treat others as you would wish to be treated oneself`. Our clients are of the utmost importance to us, so we take great care to ensure they are treated with honesty and consideration. This has served to make us a firm favourite with our business users over the years
Our Safety Policy
We set the bar high when it comes to our standards of safety, and never compromise. Our employees are vigilant as to any potential hazards and how to deal with them promptly and efficiently. In addition to the usual contractual checks by accredited companies for our Fire equipment and detectors, We have a designated member of staff who regularly checks safety features and potential issues (eg firedoors, carpets, etc) around the hotel and reports back to management.
Our Environmental Health & Hygiene score is consistently 5/5
Last but not least, we have followed an environmentally-friendly policy for many years. We have done this through a combination of
- utilising energy-saving devices such as low-energy lighting, timer-switches,
- contractual agreements for the recycling of cardboard, glass and other by-products of our business
- replacement of inefficient hot water & heating boilers and the use of thermostatically-controlled zoning to save energy
- insulation of all the roof spaces
- using deadwood from our private woodland to fuel our log-burning stoves.
- In addition, we are directly opposite Grange Railway Station with its excellent rail links, so why bring a car?
If you feel we may comply with your high standards, then give us a call. We`re sure we can do business!